What will I be studying?
Until Christmas, you will study the dramatic changes brought about by the Industrial Revolution. This is a time of huge technological developments, great wealth and empire building. But it was also a time of child labour, poverty, crime and cholera.
After Christmas, you will study the changes brought by the 20th Century including the impact of World Wars and the role of individuals.
Key Questions to be studied:
- Why did Britain have an Industrial Revolution ?
- What was coal mining like in 19th century Wales?
- What caused the great cholera epidemic?
- Why was there so much crime at this time?
- What happened to the poor in 19th century?
- How has warfare changed over time?
- What was it like to fight in WW1?
- What were the important events of WW2?
- What impact has world war had on Britain?
- Who are the important individuals of the 20th century and what have they achieved?