Sports Awards – What are they?
The Brecknock & Radnor Sports Awards are a celebration of local sporting achievement and an opportunity to recognise the invaluable contribution of local volunteers and coaches.
Sports Awards – How do they work?
All the nominations are judged by the Brecknock & Radnor Sports Partnership Awards Panel. The panel is made up of local Sports Development Officers, local sports volunteers and representatives, and Powys County Council councillors.
Eligibility and Criteria
1. Nominees should be resident in Brecknockshire or Radnorshire, or belong to a club or school in either shire.
2. Nominees should be involved with a sport recognised by the Sports Council for Wales.
3. Last year’s winners are not eligible for nomination in the same category that they were victorious in.
4. Last year’s nominees are eligible to be nominated again.
5. The awards relate to sporting achievements or contributions to sport in the year 2014. The Service to Sport award is the only exception to this rule.
Please contact the PE staff if you would like to be nominated.