Sport Relief is a biennial charity event from Comic Relief, in association with BBC Sport, which brings together the worlds of sport and entertainment to raise money to help vulnerable people in both the UK and the world’s poorest countries.
Sport Relief is when the British public comes together to get active, raise money and change lives. This time, it’s bigger than ever and we’ve got a whole week of epic activity lined up for you from 17th to 23rd March 2018.
The money you raise through Sport Relief helps vulnerable people, across the UK and the world, to live happier, healthier and safer lives.
We champion Sport for Change by funding organisations in the UK and across the world that harness the power of sport for good. Watch our films and use our learning resources to help your students understand how the money they raise this Sport Relief will make a difference.
Crickhowell High School is a Sport Relief Super School and on Friday 16th March, Sport Relief Day 2018, we’ll be raising money for Sport Relief in a number of ways. Over the next two weeks, we will be holding the following events:
- Thursday 15th March we’ll be running a pay to play mass volleyball match in the sports hall at lunch time. Cost is £1 per head.
- Friday 16th March will be a non-uniform day with a theme. Come in dressed as your favourite sports star. Prizes will be awarded for the best: £40 1st prize, £20 2nd prize and £10 3rd prize. All students will be asked to pay a £2 donation to Sport Relief for coming to school in non-uniform.
- Friday 16th March, Lesson 5 will see the whole school doing a sponsored mile. There’s a prize on offer of a surfing lesson and lunch at Swansea Leisure Centre for the top fundraisers.
- Pay to play 5-a-side football tournament. The cost is £5 per team.
- We’ll be running a baker sale and Sport Relief wristbands will also be on sale.
- Raffle with a signed football and rugby ball.
- Mass volleyball match in the sports hall (£1 pay to play) Thursday 15th March at lunchtime.
We’ll also be wearing blue ribbons on the day as a tribute to Issie Mogg. She was a keen sports person who participated in Sport Relief every year of her school career.
All sponsorship monies must be collected and handed in to the main office in an envelope with the student’s name and form by Thursday 22nd March. The prize for top fundraisers will be awarded on Friday 23rd March 2018.
So let’s get moving and see if we can beat our last sponsorship total of £1874.17. Well, we did it. We raised £3,006.22 for Sport Relief 2018. Fantastic result. Huge vote of thanks to all who took part, donated, organized and raised funds. Have a look at our gallery below to see what we did in Sport Relief 2018.