We hope you have all had a restful yet adventurous summer holiday.
We welcome you to the New Academic Year and look forward to a year filled with opportunity, challenge and dedication.
The Thought for the week beginning 15d September is ‘Experience’.
The Thought for the week beginning 22ndth September is ‘Superiority’
A warm welcome to Crickhowell High School. We hope that your child has enjoyed their first few weeks with us. They will already have begun to settle in and familiarise themselves with routines and the school life.
If you have any questions about Crickhowell High School you can contact your child’s tutor as a first point of contact. Your child has been issued with a planner and this is useful for passing information to the tutor or for staff to communicate useful information to you and vice versa. You are asked to monitor and sign the planner on at least a weekly basis. We value a positive partnership between home and school.
The tutors for Year 7 are as follows:
- 7 Catwg (7C) – Miss Thomas – S7
- 7 Dewi (7D) – Miss Hagerty – H3
- 7 Hywel (7H) – Mr Elliot – M1
- 7 Pedr (7P) – Mrs O’Farrell/Mrs Hand – E1
As well as the tutor you may also ring Miss C. Jones (Year 7 Progress Manager) or Miss H.Sullivan (Transition Manager)
Some useful dates for Year 7 are:
- Guidance Evening – Thursday 2nd October 2014
- Interim Reports issued – Friday 19th December 2014
- Full Reports issued – Friday 1st May 2015
- Consultation/Parent’s Evening – Thursday 7th May 2015
We have also re-issued SIMS forms to pupils for whom we have not yet received the essential personal information for. The school must ensure that our school computer system holds all the necessary information on your child such as medical details and emergency contact numbers. Please return the completed SIMS form to your child’s tutor as soon as possible.
Year 7 will continue to go to break and lunch 10 minutes early for the next week.
We would like to extend a very warm welcome back to all our students and their parents/ guardians/ and carers.
As you can see there have been some changes to the Tutors this year which are as follows:
- 8 Catwg (8C) – Mrs Neil – L1
- 8 Dewi (8D) – Ms Troffigue – A1
- 8 Hywel (8H) – Mr McErlaine – H2
- 8 Pedr (8P) – Miss Owen – H4
If you have changed any data that we hold for your child such as Address, Emergency Contact information, Mobile Numbers, Medical Details etc, please can you complete a new SIMs form and return it to the main reception as a matter of urgency. It is vital that we are able to contact you in case of emergency.
Some important dates for Years 8 are:
- School Photo’s – Friday 3rd October 2014
- Half Term – Monday 27thth October – Friday 31st October 2014
- Year 8 Interim Reports – Friday 21st November 2014
- Year 8 Full Reports – 12th June 2015
- Year 8 Consultation Evening – 18th June 2015
I would like to take this opportunity to welcome you all back following a restful summer break. I hope that your child has settled in well, and I am sure that Year 9 will be a very exciting year.
The Tutors for Year 9 are as follows:
- 9 Catwg (9C) – Mrs K Bosley
- 9 Dewi (9D)- Miss J Phillips
- 9 Hywel (9H) – Mr I Davies
- 9 Pedr (9P) – Mrs A Maguire
Here are some important dates for your diary:
- Year 9 Interim Report issued – 17th October 2014
- Year 9 Full Report issued – 30th January 2015
- Year 9 Consultation Evening – 5th February 2015
- GCSE Option Deadline – 11th February 2015
We would like to take this opportunity to respectfully remind you not to drive into the school car park 15 minutes either side of the beginning and end of school for the health and safety of the students walking and alighting from/ boarding buses. The school car park is closed to all vehicles between 8:15am and 8:45am and again between 3:15pm and 3:45pm.
Every student should now be wearing the smart, full school uniform of blazers, pullovers, shirts and ties in place of the old polo shirts. A reminder also that skirts are to be pleated and an acceptable length as per the uniform code. If you are at all unsure of the details, please refer to the uniform section of this website.
Crickhowell High School’s Open Evening will be taking place on Thursday 25th September 2014 between 5-7pm. We welcome all prospective Year 6 students to visit us and receive information, guidance and a view of the school’s departments. This is a fantastic opportunity to talk to members of staff and to see what we have to offer.
We look forward to another successful year for all our students and continuing excellent partnerships between home and school.
If you have any questions or concerns this term, please don’t hesitate to contact us.
Miss C Jones – Year 7 Progress Manager
Miss G Sparrow – Year 8 Progress Manager
Mrs C Harris – Year 9 Progress Manager