Happy New Year!
Welcome back to a new term.
This month, we have students sitting external examinations for GCSE and AS/A2 level. They will take place from the 9th until the 30th January. It will be necessary for some of the examinations to be held in school and so we ask that all students respect the signs asking for silence around the pertinent rooms and also closing certain areas.
The weather continues to be cold and unsettled. In the event of any emergency school closure or inclement weather, please ring 08447 70 75 76 and enter code 62237. This is a dedicated telephone line which will provide you with the relevant information for Crickhowell High School. Alternately, visit the School Closure Notices on the School Website. This information can also be found in the Student Planner on page 11.
- The Thought for the week beginning Monday January 7th is ‘Hunger’
- The Thought for the week beginning Monday January 14th is ‘Time’
- The Thought for the week beginning Monday January 21st is ‘Imagination’
- The Thought for the week beginning Monday January 28th is ‘Language’
Inter House Lower School Quiz
Congratulations to Hywel – The winners of the Lower School Quiz competition held on the 20th December.
Year 8 Consultation Evening
Thursday January 17th Year 8 Consultation Evening (4pm until 7pm)
We would like to take this opportunity to ask you to remind your child to book appointment times with all of their teachers (5mins). We feel that is very important for all parents to attend however if for any reason you will be unable to attend, please contact us so that we can make alternative arrangements with you.
Advance warning of dates for February:
- Friday 8th February 2013 Year 9 reports issued
- Monday 11th February to Friday 15th February Half Term
- Thursday 21st February Year 9 Consultation Evening.
We hope that our students are well rested and ready to achieve their best this term. As always, we recognise the great importance of Home and School working together and so if you have any questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to contact us
Mrs N Thomas and Mrs H Sullivan
Lower School Pastoral Team