We hope you have had a lovely holiday and welcome you all to a New Academic Year.
We look forward to a year of hard work, challenge and fun.
The Thought for the week beginning 3rd September is ‘Hopes and Beginnings’.
The Thought for the week beginning 10th September is ‘Experience’
Welcome to Crickhowell High School. We hope that your child has enjoyed their first day with us and we are sure that they will quickly settle in to the routine of life at Crickhowell High School.
If you have any questions about Crickhowell High School you can contact your child’s tutor as a first point of contact. Your child has been issued with a planner today and this is useful for passing information to the tutor or for staff to let you know of information from school. You are asked to monitor and sign the planner on at least a weekly basis.
As well as the tutor you could also ring Mrs. Sullivan (who manages the Transition Process for Year 7) or Mrs. N Thomas (who is Director of KS3) if you have a particular concern.
Some useful dates for Year 7 are:
- October 5th (Friday) – School photographs
- November 16th – Interim Report issued
- November 22nd – General Guidance Evening for Year 7 Parents from 6pm.
- March 22nd – Year 7 Reports Issued
- April 18th – Year 7 Parents’ Consultation Evening
We have also re-issued SIMS forms today to pupils for whom we have not yet received the essential personal information. The school must ensure that our school computer system holds all the necessary information on your child such as medical details and emergency contact numbers. Please return the completed SIMS form to your child’s tutor as soon as possible.
Year 7 will go to break and lunch 10 minutes early for the first few weeks.
Years 8 and 9
We would like to extend a very warm welcome back to all our students and their parents/ guardians/ and carers.
As you can see the Tutor group names have been altered this year to reflect the houses that they belong to. The houses are: Catwg (which is red), Pedr (yellow), Dewi (blue) and Hywel (green). The houses are all named after local saints along with Dewi (Dewi Sant) the Patron Saint of Wales.
- 7C – Mrs K Bosley – L4
- 8C – Miss N Armitti – A2 – Previously 7A
- 9C – Mr J Williams – M1 – Previously 8W
- 10C – Miss J Phillips – H1 – Previously 9P
- 11C – Mr D Barry – H4 – Previously 10F
- 7D – Mrs C Harris – L3
- 8D – Mrs S Kondryn – M2 – Previously 7D
- 9D – Mr L Evans – S2 – Previously 8D
- 10D – Mrs A Maguire – E4 – Previously 9T
- 11D – Ms O Troffigue – A1 – Previously 10T
- 7H – Mrs H O’Farrell – E1
- 8H – Mr R Jacob – E2 – Previously 7R
- 9H – Miss T Robins – H2 – Previously 8R
- 10H – Mrs S Warfield-Ried – L2 – Previously 9R
- 11H – Mrs K Neill – L1 – Previously 10N
- 7P – Miss A Thomas – S1
- 8P – Mrs J Pugh – H4 – Previously 7P
- 9P – Ms A Burbridge – S7 – Previously 8B
If you have changed any data that we hold for your child such as Address, Emergency Contact information, Mobile Numbers, Medical Details etc, please can you complete a new SIMs form and return it to the main reception as a matter of urgency? It is vital that we are able to contact you in case of emergency.
Every student should now be wearing the smart, full school uniform of blazers, pullovers, shirts and ties in place of the old polo shirts. A reminder also that skirts are to be pleated and an acceptable length as per the uniform code. If you are at all unsure of the details, please refer to the uniform section of this website.
Some important dates for Years 8 and 9 are:
- Awards Evening – Thursday 13th September
- Year 9 Interim Reports – Friday 19th October
- Half Term Monday 29th October – Friday 2nd November
- Year 8 Interim Reports – Friday 7th December.
We would like to take this opportunity to respectfully remind you not to drive into the school car park 15 minutes either side of the beginning and end of school for the health and safety of the students walking and alighting from/ boarding buses. The school car park is closed to all vehicles between 8:15am and 8:45am and again between 3:15pm and 3:45pm.
We look forward to another successful year for all our students and continuing excellent partnerships between home and school.
If you have any questions or concerns this term, please don’t hesitate to contact us.
Mrs N Thomas and Mrs H Sullivan
Key Stage 3 Pastoral Team.