What will I be studying?
You will be studying a dramatic and important period in history from 1500 – 1750. This was a time when kings and queens built up great power only to lose it a century later through civil war and execution. Ideas changed and continents and peoples were discovered.
Key questions to be studied:
- What changes did Henry VIII introduce ?
- Was Henry VIII a good king ?
- What problems did Elizabeth I face ?
- How did Elizabeth deal with the poor ?
- How were women treated during this time ?
- Was Guy Fawkes really guilty ?
- Why did Civil war break out in 1649 ?
- Who was Oliver Cromwell ?
- What Wales like during this period ?
In the summer term you will also be looking at :
- Why did Europeans go exploring ?
- How did native Americans live before the Europeans arrived ?
- what effect did the Europeans have on the native peoples ?