What will I be studying?
Firstly, you will study how the local area has been affected by history in a study of Crickhowell through time. After that you will be studying the medieval world – a dramatic period in history from 1066 – 1485. This was a time of invasion, conquest and castle building but it was also a period of learning and religion.
Key Questions to be studied:
- How has Crickhowell changed over time?
- Why is the date 1066 so important?
- How did William of Normandy conquer England?
- Why were so many castles built at this time?
- What was Wales like during medieval times?
- What was life like for ordinary people?
- What did medieval people believe in?
- Was the Black Death a disaster for medieval people?