The WJEC A Level English Language and Literature specification promotes the integrated study of language and literature. The study of English Language and Literature is useful for a wide range of careers including, but not exclusive to: jobs in the media, the arts or the civil service, journalism, content editor, teacher, publishing editor.
An A Level in English Language and Literature prepares you for undergraduate study in a range of subjects. Other advantages for students include:
- It enables you to develop and apply your knowledge of literary analysis and evaluation effectively
- Developing and applying your understanding of the concepts and methods appropriate for the analysis and study of language
- Further developing the use linguistic and literary approaches in your reading and interpretation of texts, showing how the two disciplines can relate to each other
- The opportunity to engage creatively and critically with a wide range of texts
- Exploring the ways in which texts relate to each other and the contexts in which they are produced and received
- The opportunity to undertake independent and sustained studies to develop your skills as producers and interpreters of language.