You can do a Bronze DofE programme once you’re 14 (or nearly 14, which sometimes happens when you and your friends decide to start your adventure together. However, your Leader must get permission from their Licensed Organisation first.
Activities for each DofE section take a minimum of one hour a week over a set period of time, so they can be fitted in around academic study, hobbies and social lives. Development and regular progress must be shown and all activities must be completed by the participant’s 25th birthday.
A Bronze DofE programme has 4 sections, Volunteering, Physical, Skills and Expedition. You must do a minimum of 3 months activity for each of the Volunteering, Physical and Skills sections, and plan and train for and do a 2 day (1 night) expedition.You also have to spend an extra three months on one of the Volunteering, Physical or Skills sections. It’s your choice which one and, though you can change your mind later, you should decide which section you want to do for longer at the beginning. Knowing how long you’re going to do it for will help you to choose your activity and set your goals for each section.
It will usually take you at least 6 months to complete your Bronze programme.
- Download and print off the Participant Enrolment Form below. Complete the form answering all the questions and printing clearly in CAPITALS or type
- Pay the £25 registration fee via ParentPay.
- Return the registration form in an envelope to the main office clearly marked with The Duke of Edinburgh Award, your name and form.
- Download the training schedule below for 2017-2018 and make sure you are available for all the training. All training sessions are on Tuesdays and Thursdays either at lunchtime or after school. If you are unable to make any of the training times, you must let either Mrs Gilbert, Mr Neill, Mr Jerimiah or Mr Evans know in advance.
- When you receive your welcome pack, log on straight away and enter an email address. Then just follow the instructions online.
Gallery – Bronze Award Expeditions 2017