Duke of Edinburgh Award What is it?
The Duke of Edinburgh’s Award is a voluntary, non-competitive programme of practical, cultural and adventurous activities, designed to support the personal and social development of young people aged 14-25, regardless of gender, background or ability. It offers an individual challenge and encourages young people to undertake exciting, constructive, challenging and enjoyable activities in their free time.
Pupils can enrole onto the award in Year 9.
This is how you start:
- Print off the registration form below.
- Complete the form and get your parents to write you a cheque for £25. Cheques payable to ‘Crickhowell High School.’ (We are now able to accept cash). **
- Return the registration form with the cheque in an envelope to the main office with ‘The Duke of Edinburgh’s Award’ and your name and form clearly marked on the front.
- Check the training schedule for this summer and make sure you are available for all the training. The training Schedule is on the school website under the link to clubs and dofe. If you are unable to make any of the training you need to let Mrs Gilbert, Mr Neill, Mr Jerimiah or Mr Evans aware in advance.
- When you receive your welcome pack log on straight away and enter an email address asap. Then just follow the instructions online.
**The school has now taken over the licensing of the DofE as Powys is no longer supporting schools with this award. In order to cover the Duke of Edinburgh’s annual licensing fee we now have to levy an additional payment of £6 on top of the £19 that is the current cost of the welcome pack and participation place.
Below are the documents you will need. Please click on the relevant link and download the PDF file.
The DofE Expedition section will involve lunchtime and after school training sessions (see training schedule). There will also be a weekend day walk and a training weekend to put skills learned into practice. There will then be an assessment expedition to complete this section of the award. The cost of the Expedition section is £25 which will cover camping fees, equipment used and other expedition costs. This fee will be collected closer to the date of the expeditions.