Performing Arts Revision Guidance
At Crickhowell High School, we follow the GCSE specification for Performing Arts offered by AQA.
The specification and course support materials are to be found at:
Assessment Objectives – Key Stage 4
AO1 – recall, select, use and communicate their knowledge and understanding of performing arts to generate, explore and develop ideas;
AO2 – apply practical skills to communicate in performance AO3 demonstrate a contextual understanding of the relationship between their own work and those in the performing arts industry
AO4 -use the skills of analysis to evaluate their own work and that of others using appropriate terminology.
There are two components of the GCSE:
1. Portfolio – 60% of the marks;
2. Performance – 40% of the marks
- You will need to keep a portfolio of your progress, your planning, development and evaluation.
- You will need to prepare planning sheets, draw diagrams, use ICT to record your progress with photos and write up your research, skills development diaries, and evaluate your own and others’ performances.
- You will need to work independently, as well as carrying out a weekly homework. Develop your own practical skills working as part of a group.
- Don’t just describe what you do; always analyse – HOW? WHY? WHAT?
What should I put in my portfolio?
- Skill development: Skills audit; CV; diaries; write up lessons outside of school; workshops.
- Planning and research: Planning diagrams, mind maps, production meeting minutes, rehearsal schedules, research documents.
- Practical activities: All notes and diaries of all of your practical work, including photos and diagrams.
- CUWRA: Work that shows that you understand how the performing arts industries run, including making sure you adopt professional working practices and that you are influenced by current performers and artists
- Evaluation: Writing up your evaluation of your own performances and those of others, including the members of your group and professionals in live and recorded performances.USE THE EXAMPLES OF EXCELLENT PORTFOLIOS IN MRS. MAGUIRE’S ROOM
PORTFOLIO SURGERY AND GUIDANCE – EVERY TUESDAY LUNCHTIME IN E4